Found in abundance in the Khewra mines, the Himalayan pink salt is one of the purest and naturally occurring salts. It contains essential minerals to boost your mind and body health.
Your body requires an adequate amount of salt to maintain fluid balance and blood pressure. However, table salt is processed and highly refined. That’s why it’s advisable to switch to an unprocessed and healthier option, which is none other than the Himalayan salt. This salt is packed with minerals in traces that increase its richness and benefits.
You must be wondering about the minerals that make Himalayan salt outshine the table salt. Keep reading to find out What makes this exotic salt so unique as we are going to discuss in detail its chemical composition and mineral content.
Pink Salt Chemical Formula
Despite the pinkish appearance of the Himalayan rock salt, its chemical composition is quite similar to the table salt that we usually use in our homes. The Himalayan salt contains around 98% sodium chloride and 2% trace minerals, including calcium, magnesium, and potassium. In fact, the pink tint of this salt is because of the traces of iron oxide.
Conversely, table salt contains around 99.99% sodium chloride without any considerable amount of natural minerals. Moreover, it is highly processed and refined that rips off the slightest of any mineral present in it. Essential minerals such as iodine along with anti-caking agents are added externally to table salt.
One of the two main components of salt, Sodium is responsible for creating an acid-base balance in our bodies. Not only that, but it also aids in nerve impulse transmission for muscle relaxation and contraction. Lastly, it transports amino acids via the bloodstream to different body cells.
However, Himalayan salt contains less sodium than table salt, which is a healthy sign. Excessive sodium creates an imbalance in blood sugar level, body’s pH level and increases water retention.
Himalayan pink salt allows you to stay hydrated while making sure your body doesn’t restore excessive water.
Himalayan Pink Salt Minerals
The pink salt contains around 84 trace minerals that regulate your body functions and, most importantly, maintain electrolyte balance. Due to its compact crystalline structure, the human body quickly absorbs these minerals. These minerals are essential for maintaining many internal functions of the body.
Himalayan Salt Mineral Analysis
Let’s discuss the Himalayan salt mineral breakdown and their respective benefits:
- Calcium – Known for its importance in the development and growth of teeth and bones.
- Iron – 38.9 ppm trace of Iron is responsible for the exclusive orange-pink color of Himalayan salt. This pink shade is one of the main distinctive features of Himalayan salt.
- Hydrogen – Important for the production of Adenosine Triphosphate, a crucial energy source.
- Zinc – Strengthens the immune system by fighting harmful germs and bacteria.
- Nitrogen – Aids food digestion by improving metabolism.
- Phosphorus – Increases B complex vitamin utilization. Moreover, it plays a vital role in DNA and RNA formation and communication between enzymatic reactions and body cells.
- Carbon – Serves as an essential building block to form biological molecules.
- Fluoride – Known for making teeth healthier and retaining calcium in the body.
- Oxygen – Aids in sugar breakdown into carbon dioxide and water. Oxygen and glucose work together to provide chemical energy to the liver, heart, and kidney to regulate their functioning.
- Palladium – Enhances the Lipoic acid uptake and cell’s electrical potential by serving as a transporting element inside the body.
- Cadmium – Improves metabolic activities.
- Chromium – Increases insulin function to regulate blood sugar level further. Moreover, it also controls cholesterol levels and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Arsenic – Regulates the functioning and development of the nervous system.
- Silicon – Aids hair, skin, and nails growth. Furthermore, it assists in the formation of ligaments and tendons.
- Vanadium – Assist in converting food into energy.
- Gallium – Prevents the formation of interleukin-6 beta, responsible for causing inflammation.
- Cobalt – Aids the production of red blood cells. Moreover, it’s an essential component of Vitamin B12.
- Indium – Assist in the absorption of different minerals by the body cells.
- Iron – Plays a significant role in the production of hemoglobin, thus strengthening the overall immune system.
- Magnesium – Serves as a muscle relaxant, courtesy of its cell repair and maintenance properties. Additionally, it regulates protein and nucleic acid metabolism.
The best thing about all these minerals and elements is that they are present in traces in Himalayan salt that diminishes the dangers of excessive intake of these minerals.
Combined Effect of Himalayan Salt Minerals
Now that we know the individual benefits of the trace minerals found in the pink Himalayan salt, let’s briefly discuss the combined effect of these essential minerals on the human body.
Sodium, Chloride, Magnesium, Phosphate, Potassium, and Zinc are all electrolytes. It means they are responsible for transmitting electrical impulses between different cells to convey messages from the vernal nervous system.
Improvement in Digestion
All the minerals work collaboratively to improve metabolism and digestion, thus reducing bloating and other stomach issues.
Himalayan crystal salt is a multi-purpose salt that you can use to draw a relaxing and soothing bath. This way, you can relax your muscles after an extensive workout or a tiring day at work.
You should know that the minerals in the Himalayan bath salt have detoxifying and cleansing properties to nourish your skin.
Himalayan pink salt, when used as lamps, purifies the air by releasing negative ions. Now, you can create a soothing and positive atmosphere in your homes.
Himalayan salt not just boosts your internal energy but also your mood. The minerals in the Himalayan salt absorb energy from the Earth and Sun to create a positive atmosphere around you.
WHO recommends consumption of less than two grams of sodium per day for the healthy functioning of your body. It’s wise to opt for 100% natural Himalayan salt as compared to processed, refined salt.
One of the essential facts about Himalayan salt minerals is their natural occurrence, which stays intact, because of hand mining and minimal post-processing.